Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I am a Bullied Teacher | talesofateach1987

I am a Bullied Teacher | talesofateach1987:

I am a Bullied Teacher



Each day, I pull into the parking lot of my school and sit in my car. I do not want to go in for fear of what this day will hold. I sit in my car and pray. I pray to God that today will be a good day for my children and me. I pray that I can withstand whatever my administration throws at me. I pray that I will be able to fight back tears in staff meetings. I pray that I will not face any scrutiny on this day. I pray these prayers, because I am being bullied. Not by my co-workers. Not by my students’ parents. No. I am being bullied by those who should be providing me support…my administration.
I am a bullied teacher.
I walk into my classroom with sadness in my heart and a frown on my face. I feel this sadness because I am not happy to be here. I am not happy to be here because I do not enjoy my job. I do not enjoy my job because I am being bullied. Each day, I am told I am not enough. I am told that I am not a good teacher. I am told that my lesson plans are not sufficient and my instructional strategies are deficient. I am told this through the actions and words of my administration.
I am a bullied teacher.
I have some of the sweetest children in my classroom; truly some of the sweetest one could ever ask for. They walk in each day with so much excitement on their face and love in their hearts. They love school and are so happy to be there. I try so hard to share in their excitement and joy for being at school. But I can’t. I have to put on an act each day so my children will not see how I really feel on the inside. I do not want them to know the truth. They are so kind and loving to one another…so innocent. I am ashamed that my administration never learned this character trait. I am ashamed they never learned to treat others as they would want to be treated.
I am a bullied teacher.
I begin the daily activities I have planned for my children, all the while knowing they won’t be enough. I am faced with the constant fear that my door will open and an administrator will walk in. My hands begin to I am a Bullied Teacher | talesofateach1987: