Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, August 14, 2014

8-14-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:





Thursday Night Tweets About #Ferguson #MichaelBrown
[View the story "Thursday Night Tweets About #Ferguson #MichaelBrown" on Storify]

Great Post: “Inventing Differentiation”
Carol Ann Tomlinson has written a great post over at Peter DeWitt’s Education Week blog. It’s called Inventing Differentiation. Here’s an excerpt: I’m adding it to The Best Resources On Differentiating Instruction.


Very Nice Infographics From “Weather Underground”
The popular website Weather Underground has a collection of very useful infographics. I’m embedding a couple of examples below, and adding them to The Best Websites For Learning About Natural Disasters: by wunderground. by wunderground.

Infographic “Global Second Languages”
This is an intriguing infographic:


“Rootbook” May Be The Easiest Tool For Creating Online Choose Your Own Adventure Stories
As regular readers know, I’m a big fan of having students both read and write Choose Their Own Adventure stories (see The Best Places To Read & Write “Choose Your Own Adventure” Stories). One big problem I’ve found, though, is that there hasn’t really been a super-easy way for students to create their own. Thanks to reader “Grubie,” though, I think I might have found one. It’s called Rootbook


All My Ed Week Posts On Education Policy Issues — In One Place!
My latest Education Week piece shares all my posts from the past three years on education policy issues — in one place! Here’s an excerpt:
8-13-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: “My Best Posts On ‘Conditional Cash Transfers’”© 2012 Philip Taylor, Flickr | CC-BY | via Wylio I’ve just published My Best Posts On “Conditional Cash Transfers” over at my other blog, Engaging Parents In School. Conditional Cash Transfers are payments made to families to encourage them to do things like go to doctor appoin