Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, April 7, 2014

4-7-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:








My New British Council Post: “Creating The Conditions For Self-Motivated Students”
Creating The Conditions For Self-Motivated Students is my new post at the British Council Teaching English website. It includes specific suggestions for teaching English Language Learners, but most of what I write there is applicable to all students. I’m adding it to The Best Posts & Articles On “Motivating” Students. You can see all my previous British Council posts here.

My Latest NY Times Post Is On Lying As A Language-Learning Activity
How can lying be a good language-learning activity? See how in my latest New York Times post for English Language Learners. A student interactive and fun teaching ideas are included. You can see all my many previous NY Times posts here.

YESTERDAY

“FiveThirtyEight” & “Vox.com” Are Two New Free Online News Sites — Here’s What I Think Of Them
FiveThirtyEight, the Nate Silver site that moved to ESPN, opened-up a couple of weeks ago, and Ezra Klein (and colleagues) moved from The Washington Post to create Vox.com, which was unveiled tonight. Here’s a quick review of them both… FiveThirtyEight clearly has more financial resources behind it, though a substantial portion of that will be devoted to sports (I’m a sports fan, but I’m not conv
4-6-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: This Week In Web 2.0In yet another attempt to get at the enormous backlog I have of sites worth , I’ve recently begin a regular feature called “The Week In Web 2.0.” (you might also be interested in The Best Web 2.0 Applications For Education In 2013). I also sometimes include tech tools that might not exactly fit the defin