Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, March 15, 2013

UPDATE: The Short Answer... School Tech Connect: The Other Unbelievably Bizarre Story

School Tech Connect: The Other Unbelievably Bizarre Story:



The Short Answer...

It's 3:29 PM on Friday.

It would have taken CPS about five minutes to tell the honest story about what happened with Persepolis. The delay in the explanation indicates to me that someone is very busy bending the meaning of words.

I so look forward to hearing it.

Meanwhile, is the book on the shelves? Do I need to go buy 500 copies? I haven't heard anything definitive.

Yes, I recognize that in the universe of possibilities, it is theoretically possible that the district had to pull in all of those books suddenly for some legitimate reason. It's just that that possibility seems so remote to me--- no scenario I can imagine comports with the details.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go re-read the book to figure out the thing that bugged someone. I remember liking the grandmother character quite a bit--- I hope it wasn't her.



The Other Unbelievably Bizarre Story

Before I went all kooky in the kepi over of CPS roundup of Persepolis, I was going to chime in about the highly weird, I'm-off-my-meds comment from the B3 about how every "gets it" that all these schools need to close.

I think I'll just run Raise Your Hand's response:


Today CEO Byrd Bennett told the press regarding the community hearings that "Everybody got it that we needed to close schools." You can hear the audio from WBEZ here: https://soundcloud.com/wbez/bbb-takeaway-from-community

Apparently someone forgot to give CEO Byrd-Bennett the audio tapes from the community hearings. We know she didn't attend one hearing, but her summary is so off-base, we're not sure what to make of it. RYH attended almost every one of the 28 community hearings, and no one got it, no one expressed it, no one agreed with it; instead thousands of parents came out to explain precisely why CPS should not close their schools, and question why CPS used a formula that didn't take many variables into