Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

the unthinkable: dreams and nightmares « Deborah Meier on Education

the unthinkable: dreams and nightmares « Deborah Meier on Education:





the unthinkable: dreams and nightmares

We perhaps need utopian and “revolutionary” thinking just to keep ourselves from falling into despair. Reading history helps me too–things could be a lot worse, I remind myself.
Yes “our dreams” are better than “their nightmares”–even if less realistic.
At times I fall back on hoping for a knight on a white/black/brown et al horse, who sweeps in and rights the ship/school/nation/planet and then gives the reins back to us when the crisis is over.
I had an experience of this happening at the intermediate school (44) my children attended forty plus years ago.