Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Kimble's Corner: A Christmas Message from Jack Kimble

Kimble's Corner: A Christmas Message from Jack Kimble:


A Christmas Message from Jack Kimble

 
Merry Christmas!

I hope this message finds you and your family well and enjoying the peace of this joyous season.  If you are not Christian, I hope you are partaking of the joy of the season and worshiping as you see fit as well. For my Jewish friends celebrating the holiest of their holidays called Hannukah and my African-American friends ready to begin decorating their Kwanzaa Huts, I wish you peace.

For my Christian friends, I hope you don't get too wrapped up in the joy of time spent with family to forget about the real joy of this season.   While we all may dream of white Christmases, it's important to realize that the Christ child was born on a brutal winter's evening in Bethlehem and snow only made it more difficult for Joseph and Mary to keep that little baby warm in the manger so that he could someday shed his light on all of us.

With the recent uptick in gun violence, it's important that we do all we can to keep violent video games away