Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, October 1, 2012

School Tech Connect: Life in Rogers Park

School Tech Connect: Life in Rogers Park:


Life in Rogers Park

For the second time in a calendar year, I've had to faceplant myself onto the floor to avoid gunfire. Last night, it was right outside the house--- the shells were literally scattered across my front yard. I usually count the shots, but last night after about ten, I realized this wasn't a little pistol fight; it sounded more like a combat zone.

I live on the first floor, so the chances of stray gunfire making its way into my apartment are pretty significant. It now seems like a terrible tradeoff for the luxury of not climbing stairs. 

The whole thing came as such a disappointment, given that the mayor of Chicago has flat-out told the gang