Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 23, 2012

School Tech Connect: Will Someone Go Say Something?

School Tech Connect: Will Someone Go Say Something?:


Will Someone Go Say Something?

Man, I hate Facebook commenting. It's the sign of lazy management at a newspaper. Anyway, will someone with a Facebook account go over to this Indiana-based Gannett paper and let Michael Hicks know that his column probably makes sense to an economics professor, but that in the reality of the classroom, he's wrong? I'd do it, but I'm not in the walled garden known as Facebook.

He's wrong because of the sheer numbers, too. Numbers of minutes, I mean.

The coming increase in the time spent on assessment--- all in the name of teacher evaluation--- is going to be a huge problem, as I've droned on about a million times. All of these standardized assessments, taken as a whole