Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

“…where we’re going, we don’t need roads.” | Teaching Between the Lines

“…where we’re going, we don’t need roads.” | Teaching Between the Lines:


“…where we’re going, we don’t need roads.”

I’m feeling like Marty McFly this summer, jumping from the futuristic world of 24/7 technology at the ISTEconference, to the distinctly old-school peace and quiet of our total no-tech Sierra summer cabin… and then back to the future again at the Google Apps for Education Summit.

I kicked off my summer by co-teaching a flipped-class workshop, then flew down to San Diego for ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education).  I spent four days lugging my laptop and iPad around San Diego’s enormous convention center, taking workshops  like “Teach your students game design in one