Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Save Our Schools March « Diane Ravitch's blog

The Save Our Schools March « Diane Ravitch's blog:


The Save Our Schools March

Last year I participated in the first Save Our Schools March in D.C.
It was a wonderful event.
This year, there will be another Save Our Schools March in D.C.
Some of the same speakers will return: my wonderful colleague Deborah Meier and the great teacher-educator Nancy Carlsson-Paige will speak, along with many others. I won’t be there because I am working hard on a new book and minimizing travel (and writing this blog, which is very time-consuming but keeps my spark plugs running).
The event is August 3-5. There is a group rate at the Marriott-Wardman Hotel.
If you live near D.C., or if you can get there, I urge you to attend. Join with others who care about the future of our schools and our children.
You can get more information here: http://www.saveourschoolsmarch.org/