Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Jersey Jazzman: A Nuclear Bomb Detonates in Perth Amboy

Jersey Jazzman: A Nuclear Bomb Detonates in Perth Amboy:


A Nuclear Bomb Detonates in Perth Amboy

Holy cow:




I don't think I've ever seen a war between a superintendent and a school board like this one. It's incredible.

So far, Caffrey has not been specific about how exactly she was pressured and for what positions. Personally, I see a difference between instructional and non-instructional jobs. If a school board says, "We want you to hire locally for bus drivers," I think that's fine (as long as the bus drivers are qualified). But if it's "I need you to hire my cousin," that's a problem.

And I do think there is a place for a little hometown pride: hiring back students who attended a school to teach