Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, February 9, 2012

What This Teacher Means By Whole Child Education | The Jose Vilson

What This Teacher Means By Whole Child Education | The Jose Vilson:

What This Teacher Means By Whole Child Education

On Monday, I finally handed in my second quarter grades, still dizzy from the desultory amounts of sleep I got the night before. Gasses in a baby don’t have an appointment, so I spend nights either patting my baby’s back or listening to my fiancee do this. As I start looking at my online gradebook, I put in my grades on the Excel spreadsheet in a swift manner. I quickly took note of some of the data I knew about the students and thought about their progress throughout the semester. I discerned some patterns in their exams and homework with a mix of their participation and enthusiasm for the class. From there, I gave them a grade based on what and how I felt they did throughout the