Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, December 12, 2011

Another Special Edition Of “School Reform Round-Up” | Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day…

Another Special Edition Of “School Reform Round-Up” | Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day…:

Another Special Edition Of “School Reform Round-Up”

Boy, there sure have been some great articles on education policy issues this weekend:

Class Matters. Why Won’t We Admit It? is an op ed in The New York Times about poverty’s effect on our students. Here’s how it ends:

Yes, we need to make sure that all children, and particularly disadvantaged children, have access to good schools, as defined by the quality of teachers and principals and of internal policies and practices.

But let’s not pretend that family background does not matter and can be overlooked. Let’s agree that we know a


This Week’s “Links I Should Have Posted About, But Didn’t”

I have a huge backlog of resources that I’ve been planning to post about in this blog but, just because of time constraints, have not gotten around to doing. Instead of letting that backlog grow bigger, I regularly grab a few and list them here with a minimal description. It forces me to look through these older links, and help me organize them for my own use. I hope others will find them helpful, too. These are resources that I didn’t include in my “Best Tweets” feature because I had planned to post about them, or because I didn’t even get around to sending a tweet sharing them.

Here are This Week’s “Links I Should Have Posted About, But Didn’t”:


The Day Of The Virgin Of Guadalupe

December 12th is a Mexican National Holiday, and an important day for many Mexican-Americans — The Day Of The Virgin Of Guadalupe.

I’ve just updated The Best Sites For Learning & Teaching About The Day Of The Virgin Of Guadalupe.