Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

That’s so Fargo - Lily's Blackboard – Lily's Blackboard

That’s so Fargo - Lily's Blackboard – Lily's Blackboard

That’s so Fargo

I went to Fargo, North Dakota, and someone actually gave me a book with the title, “That’s so Fargo.”

I plan on reading it. Because if Fargo kids are an example of “So Fargo”, there’s something for us to learn there.teachers have class

I visited a 6th grade and taught them my favorite Barry Polisar song; the touching classic, “Don’t Stick Your Finger Up Your Nose ‘Cause Your Nose Knows It’s Not The Place It Goes.” It is a song that has moved a generation. Moved them to what, I’m not actually sure, but I see smiles, so I keep singing.

Then we had a talk. I asked them, “What does a good teacher look like?” I