Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Immigrant dreams. Give Mark Kirk a call. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Immigrant dreams. Give Mark Kirk a call. « Fred Klonsky's blog

Immigrant dreams. Give Mark Kirk a call.

Anne was working late last night. I got home. I ordered some sushi delivered and went upstairs to put on CSpan.

Wednesday night TV is not usually engrossing. But I wanted to catch the House vote on the Dream Act.

In case you have not been paying attention, the Dream Act will give legal status to those immigrants who were kids when they came to the US and who may be undocumented. There are a bunch of requirements. You can look them up. But the essence of the law is fairness.

I was finishing my sushi when Anne came home. She walked into the room, and asked what was going on?