Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Union change is possible. CTU teachers vote tomorrow. � Fred Klonsky's blog

Union change is possible. CTU teachers vote tomorrow. � Fred Klonsky's blog

Union change is possible. CTU teachers vote tomorrow.


The slate of CORE insurgents.
June 11. A good day.
I’m finishing a great year of teaching. How many people get to say that after 25 years that they’ve had a great year? I can. But more on that on my annual “finishing the project” post.
Tomorrow a mile down the Kennedy Expressway (where I live, but not where I work) CPS teachers are voting in a run-off election that pits a bunch of do-nothing incumbents who presently run the CTU against a slate of rank-and-file insurgents.
This is not the first time the old bunch has been tossed out by a new group in the CTU. Only a decade ago