Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 18, 2010

On-Line Learning Going Mainstream: Your Pace & On Demand - Ready Or Not, It is Here - THE DAILY RIFF - Be Smarter. About Education.

On-Line Learning Going Mainstream: Your Pace & On Demand - Ready Or Not, It is Here - THE DAILY RIFF - Be Smarter. About Education.

On-Line Learning Going Mainstream: Your Pace & On Demand - Ready Or Not, It is Here




A Fad? It's Like Calling The Internet A Fad!
The NY Times: Free On-Line Courseware In "Education Life" Special Report

When I decided to have my tween "opt-out" of a Spanish class mid-year to do Rosetta Stoneinstead, (with the school very cool about it), other parents looked at me with wide eyes and jaws-dropping. "Wha'?? Why did you do it? How did you do it?" My answer?


She tried it and liked it better, plus she can continue through the summer and when she is out sick/weekends.

When I asked my daughter what she liked about it (after more grilling from parents - not even from the same school or even state!), she said, "because I can work at my own speed. . . .going back if I need to . . . and it's not a big deal".

What a concept. A bit more background?


We tried it briefly this summer as an enhancement but since it did not parallel with her Spanish class once the school year started, we stopped