I am writing today out of great concern for the children of Milpitas and their education. This is something I feel very strongly about and in many ways it involves my daily life. I have a daughter attending Sinnott Elementary School. I work part time as an instructional assistant in a special day preschool class at Weller Elementary School. And I am a Cadette Girl Scout leader in Milpitas with 15 girls in my troop. This is very personal to me but I wanted to share some information with my fellow Milpitas citizens as it affects so many people.

I personally feel that Milpitas Unified School District is a wonderful school district. I'd like to keep it that way.

-Did you know in our district eight of 12 schools has received the prestigious "California Distinguished Schools" Award?

-The district has one of the highest student graduation rates and lowest dropout rates in Santa Clara County.

-The district's cumulative Academic Performance Index score is 815 (800 is the benchmark for high-performing schools).

n Four eligible schools have Academic Performance Index scores more than 870.

-Nine of 12 schools have Academic Performance Index scores more than 800.

-Milpitas won the California League of Middle Schools "2009 Teacher of the Year" Award.

-It has three California High School Academy Partnership Programs.

The budget projections out of Sacramento continue to get worse. About $1.2 million must be cut from the upcoming