Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Inside City Hall: East Sacramento candidate would get a haircut for job - Sacramento Politics - California Politics | Sacramento Bee


Inside City Hall: East Sacramento candidate would get a haircut for job - Sacramento Politics - California Politics Sacramento Bee:

"After months of speculation that he would jump into the race, former mayoral candidate Shawn Eldredge is taking a run at the District 3 seat held by Councilman Steve Cohn.

Eldredge, a small-business owner who lives and works in midtown, was known on last year's mayoral campaign trail as the guy with the long hair who wore Led Zeppelin T-shirts to debates. The hair is as lush as ever – for now – although Eldredge says he's shopping for business suits.

'I'm not going to sell out or change who I am to be in office,' he said. 'However, I want the job more than I need to keep my hair. If somebody tells me you can have the job if you cut your hair, I will.'"