Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

It's Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... A VERY BUSY DAY | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

It's Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... A VERY BUSY DAY | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

‘Make It Clear to Long-Term English-Learners That Their Voices Matter’

is the headline of my latest Education Week Teacher column. In it, ix educators share advice on how to support Long-Term English-Language Learners, including emphasizing vocabulary development and academic language. Here are some excerpts:
Ed Tech Digest

Eight years ago, in another somewhat futile attempt to reduce the backlog of resources I want to share, I began this occasional “” post where I share three or four links I think are particularly useful and related to…ed tech, including some Web 2.0 apps. You might also be interested in THE BEST ED TECH RESOURCES OF 2019 – PART TWO , as well as checking out all my edtech resources . Here are this
January’s “Best” Lists – There Are Now 2,128 Of Them!

Here’s my regular round-up of new “The Best…” lists I posted this month (you can see all 2,128 of them categorized here ): THE BEST RESOURCES TO HELP EDUCATORS TEACH ELL NEWCOMERS THE BEST TOOLS THAT SHOW “PARALLEL TEXT” – SAME SENTENCES TRANSLATED INTO DIFFERENT LANGUAGES SIDE-BY-SIDE THE BEST VIDEOS FOR TEACHING ABOUT IRAN-U.S. TENSIONS THE BEST RESOURCES TO LEARN ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF TEACHE
January’s Most Popular Posts From This Blog

As regular readers know, at the end of each week I share the five most popular posts from the previous seven days. I thought people might find it interesting to see a list of the ten most popular posts from the previous thirty days. You might also be interested in IT’S THE TWELFTH ANNIVERSARY OF THIS BLOG – HERE ARE THE FORTY ALL-TIME MOST POPULAR POSTS. Not to mention THE MOST POPULAR POSTS FROM
A Look Back: The Best Piece Of Classroom Management Advice I Ever Read

TeroVesalainen / Pixabay I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from over the years. You can see the entire collection here . My first year in teaching was spent with a self-contained class of retained seventh-graders. Right above the whiteboard in our classroom I wrote this question on a poster: “Is what you’re doing, or is what you’
Four New Videos Explaining The Impeachment Trial

QuinceMedia / Pixabay I’m adding these new videos to THE BEST TEACHING & LEARNING RESOURCES ABOUT IMPEACHMENT :
Just Sent-Out Free Monthly Email Newsletter

geralt / Pixabay I’ve just mailed out the February issue of my very simple free monthly email newsletter . It has over 3,000 subscribers, and you can subscribe here . Of course, you can also join the eighteen thousand others who subscribe to this blog daily. Here Are 8 Ways You Can Subscribe For Free…
My Favorite Posts That Appeared In January

I regularly highlight my picks for the most useful posts for each month — not including “The Best…” lists. I also use some of them in a more extensive monthly newsletter I send-out. You can see older Best Posts of the Month at Websites Of The Month (more recent lists can be found here ). You can also see my all-time favorites here . I’ve also been doing “A Look Back” series reviewing old favorite
Most Popular Posts Of The Week

I’m making a change in the content of the regular feature. In addition to sharing the top five posts that have received the most “hits” in the preceding seven days (though they may have originally been published on an earlier date), I will also include the top five posts that have actually appeared in the past week. 
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007