Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, June 30, 2014

6-30-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:







June’s Infographics & Interactives Galore – Part Five
There are just so many good infographics and interactives out there that I’ve begun a new semi-regular feature called “Infographics & Interactives Galore.” You can see others at A Collection Of “The Best…” Lists On Infographics and by searching “infographics” on this blog. I’ll still be publishing separate posts to individually highlight especially useful infographics and interactives, but you
More Good Resources On Race & Racism
© 2009 Tony Fischer, Flickr | CC-BY | via Wylio Here are new additions to A Collection Of Useful Posts, Articles & Videos On Race & Racism: Advocacy in the Age of Colorblindness is by Stephanie Rivera. How Race-Studies Scholars Can Respond to Their Haters How Racism Invented Race in America is from The Atlantic. Dress Codes For Success is from Latino USA. The segregation of kindergartners
Four Interesting Links On Educational Technology
© 2012 Kevin Jarrett, Flickr | CC-BY | via Wylio Here are some recent pretty interesting posts/articles on ed tech: Educational technology isn’t leveling the playing field is from The Hechinger Report. I’m adding it to The Best Research Available On The Use Of Technology In Schools. In Defense of Laptops in the Classroom is from Slate. 5 Things Researchers Have Discovered About MOOCs is from The C
Around The Web In ESL/EFL/ELL
© 2011 Michael Coghlan, Flickr | CC-BY-SA | via Wylio I’ve started a somewhat regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention: US Immigration: Why did they move to America? is a nice lesson for English Language Learners. It’s from Absolute English. I’m adding it to The Best Sites For Learning Abo


This Week’s “Round-Up” Of Useful Posts & Articles On Education Policy
© 2012 Shutter Stutter, Flickr | CC-BY | via Wylio I’m behind on posting since I went to Washington, D.C. for a meeting with Education Week writers, but I’m frantically trying to catch-up. Here are some recent useful posts and articles on education policy issues: Common Core’s testing framework is crumbling is from The Washington Post. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Learning About The “Ne

YESTERDAY

Several Excellent New World Cup Resources
© 2014 Surrey County Council News, Flickr | CC-BY-ND | via Wylio Here are the latest additions to The Best Sites For Learning About The 2014 World Cup In Brazil: WORLD CUP BRAZIL: THE COMPLETE GUIDE is an excellent interactive from The Sydney Morning Herald. Thanks to reader Michelle Walsh for the tip. A Look Back at Iconic World Cup Moments is from Slate. The History of the World Cup is a very im
ThingLink Now Lets You Annotate Videos, Too
I’ve been a big fan of ThingLink, which lets students easily annotate photos, lets educators use the service for free, and allows you to create virtual classrooms. It’s on The Best Online Tools For Using Photos In Lessons list. They’ve now just announced ThingLink for Video, which lets you annotate…videos. It’s not entirely open to the public yet — you have to sign-up, but they say they’ll send o
June’s Best Tweets — Part Four
Every month I make a few short lists highlighting my choices of the best resources I through (and learned from) Twitter, but didn’t necessarily include them in posts here on my blog. I’ve already shared in earlier posts several new resources I found on Twitter — and where I gave credit to those from whom I learned about them. Those are not included again in post. If you don’t use Twitter, you can


6-29-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: June’s Best Posts From This BlogI regularly highlight my picks for the most useful posts for each month — not including “The Best…” lists. I also use some of them in a more extensive monthly newsletter I send-out. You can see older Best Posts of the Month at Websites Of The Month (more recent lists can be found here). Here