Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Digital Natives (2): Cartoons | Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice

Digital Natives (2): Cartoons | Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice:


Digital Natives (2): Cartoons

If you are like me, when stuck on what to do on my laptop or mobile, I will ask the youngest person in the room for help. I do not feel shame. I offer no excuses about not knowing what to do.  I just ask.
“Digital natives” has become a cliche but, like all cliches, has a kernel of truth to it, particularly when you see 18-month olds swiping their iPads searching for the app they want.
What follows is another selection of cartoons that I have found that poke fun and illuminate the ever-changing technology, the younger generation’s knack for using it,  and the way that devices and software have filled the nooks and crannies of daily life.
For those who would like to see earlier posts of this monthly edition of cartoons, see: “Digital Kids in School,” “Testing,” “Blaming Is So American,”  “Accountability in Action,” “Charter Schools,” and “Age-graded Schools,”Students and TeachersParent-Teacher ConferencesDigital TeachersAddiction to Electronic DevicesTesting, Testing, and Testing, Business and Schools, Common Core Standards, and Problems and Dilemmas.
Enjoy the second edition of “Digital Native” cartoons.