Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

School Tech Connect: December At The Latest

School Tech Connect: December At The Latest:


December At The Latest

Totally focused on other things today, so in order to come up with a post, I reviewed my epic list of possible topics. It's a little writer's trick that we writers use. It's called "writing things down." Typically we lose our lists for months and months until one of them turns up under a cocktail.

My list led me nowhere tonight, trust me. However, in a humorous sidebar, one of the terms on my list is "Donald Fraynd," the former CPS turnaround guy who left the district to start a company that inserts itself into school district personnel departments as an added layer of gobbledygook.  So I checked them out tonight on the Google to see how they're doing.

Basically, they're selling a little test that not only tells districts which applicants to bother interviewing but also sets up a "personalized learning plan" for the new hire. Whatever. It's just another tumor in a very widespread cancer.
sic, from the updated website
It's all very similar to the fabulously powerful new magical tests that will assess the Common Core and provide