Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, September 5, 2011

Woodcutting: Draft of Unit 1: Identity & Media « Outside the Cave

Woodcutting: Draft of Unit 1: Identity & Media « Outside the Cave:

Woodcutting: Draft of Unit 1: Identity & Media

After hitting a stumbling block trying to plan my whole course, I dove into my first unit, and am very happy with what I have ready to go to start the year. The unit plan is based on Understanding by Design, with some adaptations for my new school.

As always, I would really appreciate feedback on any and all aspects of this. A huge shout out to those who have already given me feedback during the planning process, as it has really helped me clarify what I want my students to take away from this unit.

Unit: Identity & Media, September-October (~45 classes)

Essential Questions:

  1. Who am I? Why do I think this is who I am? How does identity influence what people think, desire, and