Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, September 8, 2011

This Week In Education: Debate: How The Education Debate Is Different (So Far)

This Week In Education: Debate: How The Education Debate Is Different (So Far):

Debate: How The Education Debate Is Different (So Far)

Samsungseriesseven27Godwin's Law states that whoever compares his or her opponent / opponent's actions to Hitler (or Nazis) loses -- it's automatic disqualification. Or at least, that's one of several versions of the law and the corollaries that have arisen since the law was first developed. Alas, teacher blogger Gary Rubenstein got caught up in his analysis of how reformers overstate the research teacher effectiveness and went down the Hitler / Nazi road. But this is still education so it went no further than that. Rubenstein email apology, and Michelle Rhee's response, are below, via Whitney Tilson.

Dear Michelle,

I'm not sure if you even know about this, but I'd like to apologize for something I wrote on my blog last month. I've copied Whitney on this. He and I have been engaging in a friendly debate about ed reform for about two