Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, September 10, 2011

SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: Value Added Dating Goes With Standardized Testing

SOUTH BRONX SCHOOL: Value Added Dating Goes With Standardized Testing:

Value Added Dating Goes With Standardized Testing

Back in my single days, long before I met my wife, I had many rules on dating. Not all were hard and true, most were guidelines, but there were some rules that I felt that were non negotiable.

One of these rules that I always adhered to was concerning the first date. The first date, if dinner was involved, never at any time was to take place at a pricey, high falutin' restaurant. Nothing more than, well I am going back to the early 90's, $40. And even at that price, it was expensive.

Now mind you, I did not do this because I was cheap, but rather it was all about expectations. If I took my date to some expensive, fancy place, what would happen if on the next date we went to the Ground Round? You see, you would start as near the bottom