Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Cheerful Teacher -Staying Away from the Dark Side! « Diary of a Public School Teacher!

The Cheerful Teacher -Staying Away from the Dark Side! « Diary of a Public School Teacher!:

The Cheerful Teacher -Staying Away from the Dark Side!

I am ashamed to write this. Not I am ashamed, ” but secretly I am grinning maliciously inside”, ashamed, I am really ashamed that I behaved in this manner a long, long, time, ago. But its part of my story, so I will share it.

Back in the 80′s, we had a teacher in our school who was always smiling. She smiled morning, noon, and night, and she got on my last nerves! I always wondered why she was so cheerful, didn’t she realize how annoying she was? Didn’t she realize that people had problems? So, to put an end to her everlasting cheerfulness, a colleague and I decided we were going to “get her.” We were in the grade below her, and we decided we were going to put the worst kids in her class, and force her to stop being so cheerful. Well, our plan didn’t work, she still smiled, and she continued to annoy me until she moved out of the