Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, August 20, 2011

School Tech Connect: Crops and Stuff

School Tech Connect: Crops and Stuff

Crops and Stuff

Scout sniffing for any signs of Arne Duncan's Chicago Miracle.
Like Scout, here, I've been sniffin' around for something to write about. The start of the school year wipes me out-- there's so much to do all at once. In technology, there's so much to learn and explain and distribute and fix that there's really isn't time left over to comment on the latest reformy atrocity. Work has kept me away from writing on a daily basis, which as you know is the key to writing anything worthwhile at all. If I step away from writing even for a day, then the smallest writing task seems too large to bother with.

I can vaguely remember a time before I wrote regularly; writing was such an at-school-only hoop-jumping exercise that it seemed pointless and endlessly frustrating. Nothing I said was ever right. Then I signed up for a writing class just to be with my friend, and the teacher of that class was