Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, August 12, 2011

Jersey Jazzman: Shared Sacrifice?

Jersey Jazzman: Shared Sacrifice?

Shared Sacrifice?

So I keep thinking about Chris Christie's call last year for "shared sacrifice" from New Jersey's teachers. And I keep thinking about how NJ public worker pension and benefits contributions are going to skyrocket over the next few years. And I keep thinking about how Derrell Bradford's B4K is calling for a radical restructuring of teacher pay; presumably, taking money from some teachers and giving it to others under a wildly unreliable testing regime.

But I'm also thinking about how Derrell got the money to wage his war on teachers unions: hedge fund manager David Tepper, one of the richest people in the US. And I'm wondering what sort of "sacrifice" Tepper is making