Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Eduflack: Empty Bookshelves?

Eduflack: Empty Bookshelves?

Empty Bookshelves?

As a student, I always loved the start of a new school year. The weeks leading up to that first day meant new shoes (though I was never able to buy the expensive brand names, and never owned a pair of Air Jordans). It meant new school clothes (for me, typically purchased from the husky department at Sears). And it most definitely meant a visit to the stationery store, where I got to choose from a plethora of new pens, notebooks, and other "needed" supplies.

To this day, I am still a pen guy (though my tastes are much more expensive now). And I was extremely excited to take my oldest school supply shopping a few weeks ago, as we prepare for the demands of the first day of kindergarten.

In reading the latest news, though, it seems the one thing I took for granted at the start of the school year was