Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Is Chicago, Is Not Chicago - Dana Goldstein

Is Chicago, Is Not Chicago - Dana Goldstein

Is Chicago, Is Not Chicago

I'll be off the blog this week, since I'm in Chicago researching women teachers and feminist labor politics at the turn of the century. In the meantime, my friend Michelle Goldberg has written a delightfully devastating review ofLife of the Party, a new memoir by former GOP flack Lisa Baron. You should also check out this Russell Baker essay on Eleanor and Franklin Roosevelt's unconventional marriage and political partnership.

In other non-news, I am contemplating one of the great pop music mysteries of the hair band era: How did these guys manage to write this song, which came on in a Walgreen's today, reminding me of its cheesiness, but also its awesomeness and correctness. Enjoy...