Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, June 4, 2010

LAUSD Robots Only Follow Orders... - Perdaily.com

LAUSD Robots Only Follow Orders... - Perdaily.com

LAUSD Robots Only Follow Orders...

Irobot460x276.jpg
Just when I thought it couldn't get more bizarre... I met with my Principal Janet Seary and Ignacio Garcia of LAUSD Staff Relations today, because it was Seary's intention to issue me another Notice of Unsatisfactory Acts and another 15-day Suspension for alleged acts on my parts that go back as much as 8 months to September 29, 2009. Surprise, this wasn't one Notice of Unsat and one 15-day Suspension, but rather two.

When I asked Ignacio Garcia if he had read the answers to these new charges, he said he had, but that "these were only preliminary finds and not as yet conclusions." So my next question to him was, "Since you've already waited 8 months, why not wait a little longer to see if there is any validity to the charges?" He responded, "The charges and penalties are not being imposed at this time." But this is only true, because I have a right to appeal the charges which tolls their implementation- something I should not have to do if there was not a preponderance of the evidence showing that I had done something wrong, which Garcia admitted there wasn't at this time.

I queried him on whether it wouldn't have been more reasonable to complete the investigation to ascertain whether I was in fact guilt of anything charged, since to hit me with charges with admittedly no reasonable belief on the part of LAUSD at this time that they were in fact valid was abuse of process, harassment, and a violation