Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Blogging Against Disablism Day 2010 | Reflections on Teaching

Blogging Against Disablism Day 2010 | Reflections on Teaching

Blogging Against Disablism Day 2010

As with most things, I’m more than a day late and a dollar shy on this one, which occurred on May 1st, but some recent events have led me to believe that it’s better to write late than not at all, so please indulge me. As with many thing, Ira Socol, has led me to this. Thank you Ira!
The posts that I’m about to put up will reflect my experience as the mother of a child with Autism Spectrum Disorder, so let me disclose my current policy about that. After reading this post, by Ira Socol, I decided that, like many “public” writers, I was using my son in my writing without really getting his permission.
First, I’m trying not to make Ms. Palin’s mistake of using my son as a “hunting trophy”. I share my particular