Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, January 16, 2010

SAN MARCOS: National Geographic focuses on San Marcos class for education project


SAN MARCOS: National Geographic focuses on San Marcos class for education project:

"Teachers across the nation next year may be following the lead of a San Marcos Middle School class when looking for lessons about climate change.

A crew from the National Geographic Society has filmed teacher Debra Brice's eighth-grade class at the school this week with plans to create a professional development course that will include printed material, a DVD and online lessons -- all due for release in about a year.

'I was excited and overwhelmed, but I always figure it's not about my teaching, but sharing enthusiasm with other teachers,' Brice said.

The crew focused on five students and asked about their thoughts on climate change before and after the lessons.
'I told them that I think it's important that we learn"