Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, November 2, 2009

Newhouse: Student finds favorite teacher at last - San Jose Mercury News


Newhouse: Student finds favorite teacher at last - San Jose Mercury News:

"Mike Bugbee has found his long-lost fourth-grade teacher from the mid-1960s, and I'm beginning to resemble my Halloween costume of Sherlock Holmes.

In my Oct. 22 column, Bugbee spoke of finding that one special teacher in his life, a young woman at Piedmont Avenue School in Oakland who took a dyslexic kid lacking self-esteem and instilled in him the confidence to succeed in education.

On Oct. 23, lost teacher was located. Take that, Magnum P.I.! I received a call from the teacher's sister in Danville, who informed me that Bugbee's favorite educator now lives in Laguna Niguel in Southern California and her name is Anne Hassard Bussey."




We all did.My Teacher, My Hero celebrates those teachers.


See stories from leaders around the world and share one of your own!"