Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Speaking of Revolution. | BustED Pencils

Speaking of Revolution. | BustED Pencils:

Speaking of Revolution



Last week I was following a few Facebook strands.  As I often do, when I find a quote that sparks me to think, I like to repost it to my Facebook page.  Typically I get a decent amount of “likes” with the occasional comment.  However, when I took Alison Hawyer McDowell’s quote below I had no idea of what would follow.
Take a read and then keep the conversation going.  Is Alison right?  Without a revolution is the teaching profession doomed?
[I]f people don’t rise up en masse there likely will not be a teaching profession as we traditionally think of it in 5-7 years. Alison Hawver McDowell
Margaret Benson Who do you want to have rise up en masse?
Tim Slekar The 88.95% of of the population that send their children to public schools and all the employees that work at those schools and all the pointy headed academics (like me and you) that think we will get a pass when public schools are dismantled.
_______________________________________________________________
Don Jo I believe this to be true
Alison Hawver McDowell This is where we are headed if people don’t speak up. There really isn’t that much time. Much of the infrastructure to make this transition happen is already in place. http://www.knowledgeworks.org/…/future-ed-workforce…
Alison Hawver McDowell I am busy mapping Nellie Mae grants all over New England. This threat is very real. “Personalized” learning is not what people think. Tim Slekar-You’re in WI, right? What’s the deal with the CESU-1 Innovative Learning Program? It’s right near Speaking of Revolution. | BustED Pencils: