Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, September 5, 2013

9-5-13 Maria Shriver | Powered by Inspiration

Maria Shriver | Powered by Inspiration:

INSPIRATIONAL STORIES from ARCHITECTS of CHANGE





Let’s Not Eliminate the Negative
Most of the time I try, along the lines of the classic Johnny Mercer lyric, to “Accentuate the Positive.” Occasionally, however, negativity has its uses.Most of the response to my recent book, Pulling Taffy: A Year with Dementia and Other Adventures, have been enthusiastic. That memoir used journal entries, meditations, and recipes to recall my final year as the primary caregiver for my late mothe
It Takes More Than Positive Thinking
One of the ways I have found to deal with my husband Tom’s Alzheimer’s Disease has been through creative writing, poetry and blogging. But it has literally been months since I have written anything longer than an email.I long for the easy flow of words that has usually occurred, leaving me satisfied that I had captured the essence and the tone of what I wanted to say. I am torn between a need to c
Humans in Hyperdrive
There is something about the week after Labor Day. It feels like everyone goes into hyperdrive.I marvel at the people who don’t get caught up in it all. I am in awe of the people who work hard and get done what needs to get done, but who don’t completely lose themselves in the process.I admire the people who move at a pace that is natural to them, that allows their energy to be calming and uplifti