Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, June 22, 2013

We All Need To Relax | Connected Principals

We All Need To Relax | Connected Principals:

We All Need To Relax

Ogunquit, Maine beach on a calm day.
beachIt has been a few rough weeks for me, some of the toughest I’ve faced in a while. There’s nothing on paper to explain this. My wife and kids are doing great. My oldest son is ready to move out to be closer to grad school where he is working on his doctorate. My daughter found a solid teaching job and my new high school graduate is heading to college in Boston. Ok…I have to figure out how to pay for his tuition – that’s stressful, but all in all, everything’s fine. It’s also in my nature and upbringing to plow through any discomfort, physical or mental.
Thanks to some reflection, I realized that the difficulty resulted from the winding down of a school year. Inasmuch as schools play an integral part in family life, educators often take on the stress from the community, especially during times of transition. In elementary schools particularly, parents worry about teacher placement for their child (certainly big this time of year) and whether their boy or girl will be ready for the following year. At Harold