Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, June 22, 2013

PD planning | Connected Principals

PD planning | Connected Principals:

PD planning


bb-staff-developmentThis was cross posted from Technically yours, Teamann.
Had the privilege of meeting Brian Pete and Robin Fogarty at ASCD in FL a few years ago. Their session on training was probably one of the best I’d ever been too! If you haven’t ever heard of them, they have two books that I highly recommend. From Staffroom to Classroom, I & II. They give you a number of ways to conduct training with your staff that the teachers can then turn around and use in the classroom. It serves a dual purpose…giving the adults the opportunity to get up and moving, which increases their retention, and also provides strategies that they can use in their classroom with minimal fuss and effort. A win win!

I used a couple in the #ignite13 this week and thought giving my top three would serve as a great reminder for