Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

NEWSFLASH - I gave a billionaire $115 million today (and if you’re from CT, so did you!) - Wait, What?

NEWSFLASH - I gave a billionaire $115 million today (and if you’re from CT, so did you!) - Wait, What?:


NEWSFLASH – I gave a billionaire $115 million today (and if you’re from CT, so did you!)




 When one of my favorite readers sent me the news late this afternoon, I didn’t believe it.
When Bloomberg News Service wrote seeking a comment a few moments later, I almost drove off the road.
Personally, I can’t make my mortgage payments, but like Connecticut’s other taxpayers, it turns out that I managed to scrounge together $115 million for Bridgewater Associates, the world’s biggest hedge fund.
In fact, since the state is borrowing the money, it will actually cost Connecticut’s taxpayers over $200 million.
$200 million to a company that paid its