Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, July 16, 2012

Punching Holes in Jeb Bush’s NAEP-Based “Florida Miracle” Myth | Scathing Purple Musings

Punching Holes in Jeb Bush’s NAEP-Based “Florida Miracle” Myth | Scathing Purple Musings:


Punching Holes in Jeb Bush’s NAEP-Based “Florida Miracle” Myth

Full disclosure: During the years of the hyperpartisan Bill Clinton and George W. Bush administrations, I’d grown to loathe Democrats, their operatives and media cheerleaders.  My turn the channel dismissiveness ended with SB736. Perhaps if the Florida gubernatorial campaign of Democrat Alex Sink hadn’t been so feckless and wishy-washy on education policy, my timeline would be a little different. But no matter.
Within the aforementioned chronology, I couldn’t have brought myself to even consider the point of view from an Associate Fellow from the leftward leaning Campaign for America’s Future. My conservative leanings are still there, but my epiphany has allowed me to understand (pun intended) when you’re right, you’re right. Consider this smackdown of Jeb Bush’s Florida miracle myth by Jeff Byrant:
Hardly ever do Bush and his followers connect this checklist of reforms to actual positive impacts on children — because, in fact, they can’t.