Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, March 19, 2012

Ten minutes with the IEA’s Tim Crawford. « Fred Klonsky

Ten minutes with the IEA’s Tim Crawford. « Fred Klonsky:


Ten minutes with the IEA’s Tim Crawford.

Tim Crawford is an IEA staffer. A paid employee of the organization. I’m not sure of his title. IT guy? Program development? Something like that.
I submitted my Organizer’s New Business Item on Friday at the RA. About 3PM. This was the NBI that called on the IEA board to create a member to member, opt-in, password protected database for the purpose of lobbying and political work.
Tech teachers have told me that an 8th grader could set this up for free in the time it will take you to read this post.
Okay. That’s a slight exaggeration. But, you get the point.
By 3:15 I had gotten my NBI back with a note that said the Budget Committee estimates a $24,000 price tag.
I was flummoxed (I just wanted to use that word. It sounds funny.).
The Budget Committee had met, calculated the cost and got it back to