Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

So many students are hurting; listen and learn from their views | Thoughts on Public Education

So many students are hurting; listen and learn from their views | Thoughts on Public Education:

So many students are hurting; listen and learn from their views - by Miriam Hernandez

As I wake each morning, I tell myself, “Thank you, God, for another day; may I encounter smiles on people’s faces.” I walk to school and I run into a lot of my fellow students. Sadly, I can tell some are hurting inside. I wonder about their stories and if they receive help at school [...]

ACSA: Waiver too weak as is - by John Fensterwald - Educated Guess

The organization representing state school administrators says that if California wants its request for a waiver from the No Child Left Behind law to be taken seriously, then the State Board should give Secretary of Education Arne Duncan more of what he is demanding. The Association of California School Administrators (ACSA) is suggesting several amendments that [...]