Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, February 17, 2012

Arne Duncan: Windbag or Douchebag? | Mr. Teachbad

Arne Duncan: Windbag or Douchebag? | Mr. Teachbad:

Arne Duncan: Windbag or Douchebag?

Last night I watched Jon Stewart’s inter­view with Sec­re­tary of Edu­ca­tion Arne Dun­can.
And it was just ter­ri­ble. Here is the link. He is crazy, humor­less Talk­ing­Point Man.

Though she has stopped return­ing my calls, I still con­sider Valerie Strauss my girl­friend and she had a great sum­mary of the interview.

Here are my questions:

How engaged with edu­ca­tion pol­icy do you really think Obama is? Does he even know that Dun­can was on The Daily Show last night? Does he care?

Can the grow­ing dis­plea­sure of teach­ers with Dun­can be used in a way that mat­ters? Or are we stuck with the Dun­can