Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Save Seattle Schools Community Blog: More Votes for Buetow?

Save Seattle Schools Community Blog: More Votes for Buetow?:

More Votes for Buetow?

What an interesting thing this story about the revision of Board policy around high school newspapers has turned out to be.

First, the Times has no story. They link to the My Ballard site story but are strangely quiet about it even as it's a pretty slow news day. A story about freedom of the press that involves candidates for School Board right before election day? You'd think that would interest any newspaper. But not our Times. Apparently, mums the word until AFTER the election.

Trouble is, the Times isn't the only story and now The Stranger has picked it up. Here's one comment:

I'm glad I procrastinated mailing my ballot until after reading this. I was considering voting for (Stranger endorsed) Martin-Morris, but not anymore.