Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Reflections on Teaching » Blog Archive » Week 5-7 Focus on Formative Assessment

Reflections on Teaching » Blog Archive » Week 5-7 Focus on Formative Assessment:

Week 5-7 Focus on Formative Assessment

I apologize to my readers, but I’ve been really caught up in working in my new environment. Things are definitely NOT perfect, but I feel that they are headed in the right direction and are under control.

I got a book for sending in a question to Larry Ferlazzo’s Ed Week blog, and I chose a title on Formative Assessment, because I’m really trying to do more formative assessment, and fewer worksheets. Here are some things I’m doing:

  1. Avoiding assigning any work that I won’t look at or give feedback of some sort on;
  2. Giving assignments that are aligned with my teaching objectives, not because the text publisher make a