Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

“Senator Maloney. Leave our pensions alone.” « Fred Klonsky's blog

“Senator Maloney. Leave our pensions alone.” « Fred Klonsky's blog:

“Senator Maloney. Leave our pensions alone.”

The Honorable Edward Maloney

Dear Senator,

Thank you for the news letter.

While reading it and your survey questions my blood pressure went up about five points . Last February heart failure caused, partly by the forty-one years of pounding my body took as a Chicago Public School teacher, forced me into retirement.

I spent twenty-five years at Simeon Vocational and sixteen years at Bogan.

Let me describe my career as personal. I still keep count of my kids who have been murdered, five in the last twenty-five months alone.

This brings me to your newsletter and survey. In your newsletter you brag about your
work on SB7, which I have read . The bill as you know, or should know, will destroy the Chicago