Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I’ve Got A Feeling… « City School Stories

I’ve Got A Feeling… « City School Stories:

I’ve Got A Feeling…

By Bobbie Cratchit, September 13, 2011

At least ten times a day this past summer I checked Twitter, Facebook and the Philadelphia news media awaiting the news that I suspected was coming since April. Dr. Ackerman would be leaving the School District of Philadelphia. In late August, early one morning, the announcement appeared on my Twitter feed. She was gone. I couldn’t help but feel excited and vindicated.

I began to wonder about the school year ahead. I read about teachers being reinstated. I read about the new West Philadelphia High School. I read about Dr. Nunery and his plan to focus on the new school year. What would this change of leadership mean to our students and staff? I wasn’t sure, so I