Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, August 1, 2011

Leaving the #SOSMarch « Outside the Cave

Leaving the SOS March « Outside the Cave

Leaving the SOS March

These are random thoughts I have as I leave the SOS March and Congress in DC to head to Philly for a weeklong seminar on teacher leadership:

  • Democracy is a wondrous thing to behold. Eight thousand people came together with a shared voice on Saturday, and then a couple hundred of these people stayed to lay the groundwork for a new organization that will aim to create a Save Our Schools Movement moving forward. It was the first time in my life I felt like I experienced a mass democratic experience where I had a direct voice.
  • While there are some decisions I would have made differently, I have nothing but awe and respect for the