Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, June 9, 2011

DOE Raid! « Failing Schools

DOE Raid! « Failing Schools

DOE Raid!

JUNE 9, 2011
by mariasallee

Over the past year, I have listened to and watched the words and deeds of our Department of Education and its employees with apprehension. I don’t trust the benevolence or sincerity of the agency these days. Yet, at the same time I thought to myself that perhaps I was letting the more paranoid elements of my personality get to me. While the word conspiracy has crossed my mind, I also hope to avoid being one of those people you might see shouting and holding bizarre signs on street corners, with wild looks in their eyes. But today I saw a clip on Mike Klonsky’s blog that reminded me of the dictum: “Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you.” Apparently, on Tuesday morning, DOE agents showed up SWAT-style in Stockton, CA, invaded a man’s home, cuffed him in front of his children, and dragged him, clad only in his underpants, outside for all the neighbors to see. Why? Official word claimed a fraud investigation involving the man’s (possibly estranged) wife, who wasn’t in the home at the time.

Save Our Schools March & National Call to Action, July 30, 2011